Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 07 prowler xt 650 h1 i was out riding and when i came back i noticed the front left lower cv boot was ripped and the axal was loose. I stuck my finger in the grease and ther was chunks of brearings in the grease. So i took it home to make sure the axal had not snapped. I got it all apart and the axal was not snapped and the bearing was trashed. This is where my questions begin. The inner race of the cv bearing will not come off the axal splines. I thought would have a snap ring to hold it on, but no. Does this meen that the cv and axal are one whole unit that needs to be replaced? Or do i need to try harder to get the race off the splines. If i need to replace the whole axal is there any recomendations. I saw a gorilla axal but it was kind of pricey. Is there one cheaper but comparable? Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Ive got a 07 prowler xt 650 h1 i was out riding and when i came back i noticed the front left lower cv boot was ripped and the axal was loose. I stuck my finger in the grease and ther was chunks of brearings in the grease. So i took it home to make sure the axal had not snapped. I got it all apart and the axal was not snapped and the bearing was trashed. This is where my questions begin. The inner race of the cv bearing will not come off the axal splines. I thought would have a snap ring to hold it on, but no. Does this meen that the cv and axal are one whole unit that needs to be replaced? Or do i need to try harder to get the race off the splines. If i need to replace the whole axal is there any recomendations. I saw a gorilla axal but it was kind of pricey. Is there one cheaper but comparable? Thanks for the help.
Where is the axle loose at on the side towards the tire,what you need to do if you can is pull the axle out and take it and have a new cv joint put on it,you also need a special tool to put the boot on,in the long run it might be cheaper to put a complete axle in it,VS labor and parts.???????????

·
Banned
365 Posts
An complete axle from super atv is 169 dollars/I have seen them cheaper on amazon.maybe someone will chime in and let you know more about it.I have never had the axle cv joints apart before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.