Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new clutch kit and belt on my Prowler, now as long as I take off slowly it does fine. Even at higher speeds it does ok. But when I "accelerate quickly" it spins the primary clutch nut off. I pull the cover, tighten it back up with an impact and it does the same. The only thing I didn't do originally was use red Loctite on the nut. But did the AC/Suzuki engineers really totally rely on red Loctite to hold this nut on? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the site bucbo! Yes indeed! The nut stretches over time and will not hold. I use my primary clutch nut three times then replace it. Red Locktite is a must. The new nuts from AC come with a thread locker already installed. I learned the hardway! I was out in the middle of the H&M trails when mine decided to come off!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dpdavidson, thanks for the info. Sorry was out of town this weekend. Guess I'll be visiting AC for a new nut. Was scared I was going into the motor to replace the shaft and wet clutch. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.