Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a prowler with a bad engine. I finally got it back running, new/rebuilt head, piston, timing chain. I ran it for a few hrs and found out that I had not tightened a case bold in the housing that was rubbing on the secondary clutch. so I found one on ebay it was off an 2011 700. I looked on Babbitt's and part # were the same. So figured it would be fine. I also put new brake pads on. now it runs good but if I push hard on the brakes it sounds like it's grinding gears in the transmission. I'm thinking it something with the belt or secondary cultch. any thoughts. I also wonder why the engine overall is so loud? Is that just the way they are? thanks,

·
Registered
710 Posts
These things are noisy! When you apply the brakes it sounds like the world is coming to an end! Welcome to one of the Prowlers most frequent complaints! The brake noise is normal so it seems! New anti-rattle springs on the rear parking brake caliper, shimming the springs to increase the tension, New pads, New rotor, and on and on are all fixes that have worked to some measure of success! I have a 2009 700XTX, and experienced the same thoughts when I first rode it! Now I have 7,300 fun miles on it, and it is still running great! Just do the proper maintenance on it, enjoy it, and learn your machine! Always here to help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.