Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my atv for the prowler and have read multiple forms about clutchs but still dont have a understanding of weights and everything. As it is now my prowler goes 45mph top speed i was wanting to get the most i can out of it so if someone could give me a straight answer on what i need to buy i sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Banned
365 Posts
do you know if has had any clutch work done or not. what size tires are on it,do you have a full windshield.that prowler stock should run in the low 50's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy I got it from said he tightened the clutch springs or something. I have a brute force Ive done clutch work on just didn't know if the prowler was similar. Has 27" mudlites and yes a full windshield.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I would say with whats been done you are right in the ball park with your top speed,I noticed about a 5 mph loss with my full windshield.running 27'' tires you want more low end than top end anyways.you can play with your roller weights,the lighter the rollers the more rpms you can turn,but you lose top end speed.the heavery the rollers less rpms motor turns,but gain top end speed.or you can go with a airdam clutch set up,I dont know much about them.but you can pm joes5091 he could help you out. or get on ****************,lot of members there that can help you out also,thats where Iam at most of time,hopes this helps.........good meeting you.....................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How difficult are the rollers to change?? And what would u say is the best performance product I could put on?? Most bang for the buck.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I would say clutch and i noticed a big difference when i changed carbs.pcp in arizona sells carbs for the prowler with a manual choke its a mikuni pumper carb not cheap but did make a big difference in throttle response,its about 450 dollars maybe a little more.there is several other things you can do but it takes a combo of different things to really notice a major difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts