Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 700 xtx that has been running fine. It just shut off and will not fire. Replaced the plug, no help. Checked spark, it was weak so i replaced the coil, still no help. Took off spark plug boot to check spark. For a short time it will produce 1/2 inch spark then quits altogether. Any sugestions where to look now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a question similar to this problem. I have power on the orange wire and the other wire isn't pulsating. If I ground the post for the other wire I can make the coil fire.
I pulled my 12 xtz 1000 in the shop 2 weeks ago, yesterday removed the battery to charge it, installed it today and now no spark from either coils.
Did check the crank sensor, makes A/C voltage while cranking.
ECU bad?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The orange wire is the switched power (ignition), and the blu/white (700 colors) goes to the ECU. Sure sounds like the ECU with both coils acting up. Not that familiar with the 1000, but want to be! LOL Hopefully Diesel Racer will come along shortly, he's the man for 1000 info!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ouch! I always pull the ECM out when welding! Mixed thoughts on that, but rather safe then sorry! Just too many components to take a chance on damaging. Check out "Powersportsnation.com" , great selection of affordable used parts.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good to know! I love the computer controlled motors, but took some getting used to working on them! I run a Dyna-Tek controller on mine. I upgraded the fuel injector when I went Big Bore and higher compression. I can alter it on my lap top if needed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.