Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have the same machine! I had the same problem on mine, turned out to be the spark plug boot, it came apart inside the boot. They simply screw on the wire. If that fails, Can you confirm that you have voltage at the coil? You should show 12 volts with the key on, next check to see if you have spark at the plug, these are the simple things! Hopefully Arcticfrost will chime in, he is pretty sharp on these things!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check your battery voltage. When you turn the key on wait till you hear the fuel pump whirring stop before cranking. Don't apply gas when starting an EFI!
A wet plug means it could be getting too much gas before firing or not getting spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe I have found the cause of wet plug. Appears at times I get a spark at the plug and then times no spark. Unscrewed spark plug cap, cut 1/4" off plug wire and screwed plug cap back on, turned key on cat fired right up! Have ordered new coil, plug wire and cap.
Thanks for all the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.