Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope im in the right place.... I have a 09 artic cat 1000 prowler with 2800 miles. I went to change the oil the other day and the air box was nasty with oil and there wasn't much left in the motor.
I think I need a set of rings... where can I get some? does anyone have a part number?
Thanks for the help

·
Banned
365 Posts
I hope im in the right place.... I have a 09 artic cat 1000 prowler with 2800 miles. I went to change the oil the other day and the air box was nasty with oil and there wasn't much left in the motor.
I think I need a set rings... where can I get some? does anyone have a part number?
Thanks for the help
How you doing,try articcatparts.com or maybe just try your dealer,might also have to do some cylinder work maybe just hone it.might throw a piston in it also.sounds like it has major blow by.you also need to keep your air filter clean if you ride in a lot of dust.sounds like your building a lot of crank case pressure.how long was it been since you changed your oil.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Before changing any parts of your xtz have a compression test. Make sure that the compression is within the right compression rate, before concluding that you have a worn out piston rings.
If he has oil in the air box thats not a good sign,it's caused by blow by,from the top end being worn out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.