Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple months our prowler has had cranking problems. At first we could charge the battery and it would crank right up, even though the battery was less than a year old it had to be charged first. Now we charge the battery, it turns over a couple times then starts clicking, like a car with starter problems. The gauges stopped working about the same time the cranking problem started. I'm going to try and unplug the gauges, let them sit for a day and plug back up to see if that fixes the gauge problem. We've owned her since new and never had a problem till now, she's been a good riding and work vehicle and I'd like to get her going.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SUCCESS!! Prowler has been sitting for over a year, due to various life altering events we've just had NO time to worry about the old girl. During the Covid stay at home order in our state I decided to focus on getting her going. Took her to my local mechanic and the adventure began, we have no local Arctic Cat Dealer any longer so we were on our own. He quickly found a No Spark problem, troubleshooting in the service manual indicated either bad Stator or CDI box. Before throwing expensive parts at her I decided to get some help, I contacted Arctic Cat Customer Service in Minnesota and simply said I need "HELP", he gave me the phone number of RV Sports, Inc, which is only a few blocks from the manufacturing site. I spoke with a gentleman, and I'm sad to say I didn't get his name, but he actually sold the first Prowler off the line in 2006 and is also a certified Arctic Cat mechanic. He was a wealth of information, my mechanic was leaning toward CDI and the Arctic Cat professor said, "Well I'll tell ya, I've replaced 100 stators to 1 CDI box", so that was good enough for me. Then we ran into the problem of finding one, he said I could use any from 2007 to 2009, said they didn't make them for the 2006 because there wasn't a high demand for them. I got a new stator last Friday and by Saturday night the old girl was purring like a kitten again. The gauges don't work but that's a problem for another Pandemic. I'm just glad she's up and running. I also had my mechanic put in a quick connect for a battery maintainer, there's just so little room under the seat to charge the battery when needed, not to mention having to remove the seat to do so. He ran it along side the seat under the armrest and it stays nicely hidden when not in use. As the guy in Minnesota said, "it's hard to kill a Cat".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.