Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 700 (hdx?) not sure of model. I have had so many problems with this thing since the day it reached 4000 miles. After a tune up and service the thing only runs correctly for about 3 weeks. Then it carbs up smells like gas so bad when driving it's like I'm in the gas tank. I've had it in the shop 7 times since April and this happens every time and I'm tired of paying 300 bucks every three weeks. When I take it in they adjust the valves? Idk that's what they tell me and the spark plug only lasts the short time and then it's so dirty it won't hardly spark. I do not and have never run ethanol in it. Any help would be appreciated, before I put 50 lbs of tanerite on it and blow it to pieces.

Along with 3 drive belts , all shocks broke, both front tie rods. I'm so over this machine.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like you have a 2006 650 XT, 700 was not offered until 2008. If you have a carburetor it is a 650. Sounds like the carb needs attention, main jet is too rich and you are fouling the plug. Drive belts should last 2,500 miles at least. Use low gear for hi load use, and steep inclines. How many miles total on your machine? Sounds like it was abused, or high mileage!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.