Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am puzzled on this issue.
The fan will not run and my Prowler overheats.
I can disconnect the two prong plug at the fan and run 12v and a ground directly to it and it runs great.

I have used a 12v test light to test the temperature switch and once the engine gets hot the switch has continuity and has power on both legs.

The 15A fan fuse is good and I have power to the temperature switch when the key is on.

The diode is installed in the correct orientation and I have even switched each of the three diodes around to make sure it is not bad. Not sure how to test the diode other than it should pass power only one direction. According to the wiring diagram the diode seems to be on the ground side of the 12v circuit.

Can I bypass the diode to see if I am not getting a good ground or stick a fuse in its place temporarily to test?

I am at my wits end and am convinced it is something simple but no one I have talked to has been any help and I don't want to trailer it to a shop to get charged a couple hundred bucks for something that is probably simple. My budget is about shot. Someone mentioned a relay but I do not find one nor see it on the wiring diagram.

Any help would be appereciated, are there any Arctic Cat mechanics on this board?

If all else fails I will run a new 12v circuit to the temp switch and fan with a new ground and eliminate the diode. I have installed a UTV Inc fan override and it does not work either since the circuit is not being completed somewhere. I also installed a temp gauge kit and it conforms it is getting hot about the same time the digital dash shows an alarm condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out. Found the inline fan diode in the ground wire inside the wiring harness close to the radiator and cut it out. Ordered a new diode for $12 but its working fine without it. What astupid place to hide a diode!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.