Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 650XT

When I turn the key on, the neutral light doesn't come on, and it won't "crank" the engine while the key is in the starting position. If I jump the solenoid, the engine cranks fine, starts, and then the neutral light will turn on once the motor is running. Once I shut it off, I'm back to square one once I try to re-start.

I installed a new battery in the unit, foolishly not diagnosing the original "not turning over/ no neutral light" issue.

My first guess is the key switch might be toast, but is there something else I should maybe look at before I start buying parts?

Any suggestions are appreciated - thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it crank when you hold the brake? Can you turn the key on and move the shift lever and the light comes on? If so then seems like a simple linkage adjustment. Let me know!
I tried both, but it doesn't appear to be a linkage issue. Once the motor is running (by jumping the solenoid) the neutral and reverse lights work properly with the shifter position.

Thanks though. Anyone else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.