Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy my first UTV. Looking for something to just take into the woods.
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2007 Prowler with 2463 miles on it for $3700. Any advice for whether I am about to get ripped off? Assume it is in average condition (seats are peeling off their frames but other than that it looks in decent physical shape).

·
Registered
710 Posts
Early 650 Prowlers had a history of oil pump gear failure that caused major engine damage. There was a gear upgrade, but not sure when it was put in place. Over all the Prowlers are a good machine, and somewhat easy to work on if you have the ability. You may get some leverage on the price being the Prowler is one of the old square tube design models (they went to round tube in 2011, and quit the 650 in 2010). With 2,400 miles on it the belt should still be in good condition, only other concern would be the seal on the inner clutch cover leaking oil into the clutches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.