Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 306 miles! broke in my driveway. Locked up and the broke through the case. It is at the dealer now. I am still under warrenty. I have read in other forums that people have had this problem with their 700 xtx. Has anyone else had this problem?? If so how did it work out for you?? I have included pics of the damaged front diff. Its a good thing I wasn't moving very fast or I may have been really hurt.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
my friends 700 keeps braking the pin in the front diff. he is getting ready to put his 3rd one in. let me no what your dealer says. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like this is happening alot, I have a 2008 650H1 with 147miles on it, on the weekend I was traveling down the road when the front diff blew locking up both tires and causing a front roll over which almost killed me. My Artic Cat dealer said no big deal this happens all the time. something needs to be done before someone gets killed. If you know anyone who drives a 2008 Actic Cat let them know they are sitting on a time bomb. Dealing with Actic Cat now to try to get a recall before someone dies. Worst thing is Actic Cat knows exactly whats happening and not doing anything about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Front diff toast!

I had the same thing happen on my 700 XTX. Cat covered it and replaced the hole front diff. Hard to believe that something like this can fail on so many units! The new one is working just fine after a few to many trips to the dealer. Make sure to try out your diff lock, they had a hell of a time getting my diff lock cable adjusted. I also had to take it back for the diff lock not working at all, the then not disengaging, then the front seals leaked, I adjusted the cable myself, replaced the seals myself and been great for the last 200 plus miles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mine. Mine was well out of the warranty period and Arctic Cat replaced it for free...

·
Registered
4 Posts
only 306 miles! Broke in my driveway. Locked up and the broke through the case. It is at the dealer now. I am still under warrenty. I have read in other forums that people have had this problem with their 700 xtx. Has anyone else had this problem?? If so how did it work out for you?? I have included pics of the damaged front diff. Its a good thing i wasn't moving very fast or i may have been really hurt.
w
what do they charge for labor, to replace a new front end? My dealer replaced a cv joint and then it blew apart while they had it. They said that arctic cat would replace the front end and i would have to pay the labor. I think they should pay even though i have 6600 miles on it, i never put it in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would not pay for them breaking your machine!

Absolutely absurd they broke the machine not you.

Talk to AC if they do not eat the labor a dealer mech. should have it in and out in less than 2hrs for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does a rim off a 2006 prowler fit a 2008, and if so I would like to buy a red front, The same type tires are not being put on them anymore Goodyear Rawhide 26" x 9" x 14". I need a rear tire also 26" x 11" x 14". If anyone knows where I can get them please let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am the proud (was at one time) owner of a ac xt 650 2007 model. have had nothing but trouble with this thing. i am not please with this machine. have had the front diff. go out 2 times. each time cost 1,000. to fix. this is getting old. now it is out again. riding last week hear a cluck ck and the diff is broke again. also the display cuts off and on all the time. this machine has not been mistreaded at all and since it was fixed 4 mths ago has not even been in the mud. guess i will fix it again but this time i am going to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I just had the same thing happen to me 4 days ago. There's a safety recall on the 2008/2009 ATV models, but not the UTV models. I'm dealing with Transport Canada right now about this unit. I flipped my unit at about 40-50 km/hour. I have a 2008 Prowler XT 650 H1 4x4 completely stock with about 450 kms on it. Arctic Cat is telling me it's not part of the recall.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.