Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a used 09 1000 to replace my 2007 650. I have a few questions which I hope you can help me out with. What would be a fair price for a 2009 1000 with around 3000 miles? They seemed to have a few bugs with them when they first come out. Do you think by having this many miles on it, they would have them all corrected? How much more fuel will it use? Any thing I should pay special attention too when going to look at it?

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I am thinking of purchasing a used 09 1000 to replace my 2007 650. I have a few questions which I hope you can help me out with. What would be a fair price for a 2009 1000 with around 3000 miles? They seemed to have a few bugs with them when they first come out. Do you think by having this many miles on it, they would have them all corrected? How much more fuel will it use? Any thing I should pay special attention too when going to look at it?
I Love my Arctic Cat But, I would not Buy a 09 XTZ 1000 if it was 1,000.00 You need to at least by an 2010

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Love my Arctic Cat But, I would not Buy a 09 XTZ 1000 if it was 1,000.00 You need to at least by an 2010
What is the reason you would not buy a model 2009? Yes I would prefer a 2010, but that is just not in my budget. I can get this 2009 for around $7000. I know they had some problems with the first year model (2009) but I was hopeing that with 3000 miles all the bugs would have been taken care of. I have always liked the 1000 but they are just out of my budget. I think I could get at least $6000 out of my 650. It has been very dependable and trouble free. I dont want to get something that is going to break the bank to keep it on the road.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
What is the reason you would not buy a model 2009? Yes I would prefer a 2010, but that is just not in my budget. I can get this 2009 for around $7000. I know they had some problems with the first year model (2009) but I was hopeing that with 3000 miles all the bugs would have been taken care of. I have always liked the 1000 but they are just out of my budget. I think I could get at least $6000 out of my 650. It has been very dependable and trouble free. I dont want to get something that is going to break the bank to keep it on the road.
They have had ALOT of problems Head Gaskets, Axles, Fires,Transmissions, I bleed Green,But I would NOT own an 09. But you have to do what makes you Happy. You mite want to wait a little because a lot of Prowlers will most likely come on the for sale market Because of the New Wildcat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have had ALOT of problems Head Gaskets, Axles, Fires,Transmissions, I bleed Green,But I would NOT own an 09. But you have to do what makes you Happy. You mite want to wait a little because a lot of Prowlers will most likely come on the for sale market Because of the New Wildcat.
Are these problems that can be fixed or would have been fixed on a 09 with 3000 miles? Or will these problems always plague a 2009. I guess the question is tht would it be worth $1000 to up grade from a 2007 650 to a 2009 1000? I certainly would rather ride than have to work on it all the time.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Are these problems that can be fixed or would have been fixed on a 09 with 3000 miles? Or will these problems always plague a 2009. I guess the question is tht would it be worth $1000 to up grade from a 2007 650 to a 2009 1000? I certainly would rather ride than have to work on it all the time.
Yes They are all Problems that can be fixed, some people havent had any problems. You really need to do what you feel is right for if you dont mind some problems go with your gut. Get one. I dont own an XTZ I own a 700 and I love it no problems with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.