Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having over heating problems with my Prowler XTZ lately, and so I decided to try to get to the bottom of it. I called my dealer to see if he had a thermostat, as I was gonna change it first. However he told me look at the radiator and if I can't see a flashlight shining through it, then that's my problem, (it would be clogged). I have always washed it, but apparently it is really clogged, because I couldn't see anything. So he basically told me to take the radiator off and soak it in a tub of water over night. I've got everything loose and unhooked, however it won't come out due to the storage box under the hood being in the way. I know I'm gonna have to take the box off, but not sure where to start. Am I going to have to take the dash off as well to get to the bolts to the storage box? It seems like a stupid question, but I just want to make sure that I'm not doing any excess work. And maybe one of ya'll may know an easier way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sonny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, I've tried it, not working. I finally got it out, I ended up taking the hood off and then the front cap that the hood, bumper, and winch mounts to. So I took it off and have it soaking in a sink in my shop. I'll let it soak till after lunch, and change the water and let it soak over night. Thanks for the advice though. Sonny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I soaked it last night, took it out and rinsed the rest out of the radiator fins and it looks pretty good. I put it back in and hooked it all up, started filling her up with anti freeze and noticed I've got a small pinhole in the lower part of the radiator. Put the cap on and it'll stop, take it off and it leaks again. I guess that's got to do with pressure or something. Anyway. Anybody know of a quick fix other than buying a new radiator?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts