Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 prowler 700 xtx. The rear differential will leak oil out of the vent tube and the rear end is hot after traveling a couple of miles. Could this be a bearing going out or is there something else going on?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like it is over filled. Level should be about 3/4 - 1" below the fill plug. The differentials do carry a lot of heat. If you have a stock rear in your Prowler, it has a turf saver and you need a rear end lube with a friction modifier. Either Arctic Cat brand, or something similar. Failure to do so will kill the turf saver rear!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I first noticed the leak I assumed it was a rear seal. I purchased a new seal and while I was installing it I realized that it might have been leaking from the vent tube. After I finished with the seal I filled the differential with about 9 Oz of the Arctic cat 80W-90 Friction Modified gear lube. I have driven the bike around a few times and notice that it is still leaking. I checked the fluid level in the differential and I can not see or feel any oil by the fill plug. What could make the oil come out of the vent tube?

·
Registered
710 Posts
There should be a bladder on the vent tube, they are constructed of rubber, and do fail after a period of time. Part # 1402-620. I use the arctic cat store for parts look up, the bladder assembly is shown in the drivetrain section. I ended up moving mine to a higher location, they expand and contract as the rear builds heat/pressure. Simple fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.