Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I’m from Nova Scotia, new to the forum and looking for some help. I recently purchased a mint 2011 with only 450 miles on it. Everything seemed great until I had driven it for 2-3 miles and fouled a plug. Limped home and replaced plug, all good for another 2-3 miles and repeated the problem. This is the way it continues to work, the guy that sold it to me obviously knew the situation but that’s another story. I have run injector cleaner, checked fuel pressure, checked compression, set valve clearances, run new grounds to motor and frame, and kicked the rear tires repeatedly, nothing helped. When it’s running good after new plug installation I have checked the plug and it is nice and tan brown. While riding it will suddenly enter a fuel rich situation and foul a plug, it runs poorly and is extremely hard to start until I replace the plug again. Took it to the dealer the other day and they called me yesterday to say they can’t figure it out without starting to slap new parts at it like sensors or an ECU. Sorry for the long winded introduction but I’ve had this machine for 6 weeks now and have not been able to drive more than 3 miles without changing a plug. Help!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, yes, I should have gone back on here and gave my results. I pulled the MAP sensor on the intake manifold and cleaned it (not noticeably dirty) as well I pulled all electrical wire connectors in that area apart and coated them with dielectric grease. I believe it was ArcticFrost that suggested an EFI reset which I also performed, 1-turn key ahead but do not start, 2-depress gas pedal to floor and hold for 10 seconds, 3-release gas pedal, 4-wait 10 seconds and turn ignition back off. Not sure what worked but something did (probably the reset). Have over 100 miles on same spark plug now, previously I could only get 3 miles maximum!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts