Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I couldn't find any body that made a lift specifically for the HDX so i figured i would take some fab skills and make one for mine. Turned out great increased ride quality and suspension travel, i got tired of bending up my skid plate and gettin high centered
any body interested in a lift let me know i could fab one up for ya and tell ya how to put it on and what extra parts you will need like sway bar links etc...
been riding with this one now for 6 months nothing wrong and works great wanted to R&D it before i offered it to anybody

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bumper Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Banned
365 Posts
good job on your lift.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks it was alot of measuring, but total lift after turning up the front shocks and putting about 12 psi in the rear air shocks, to level out for the extra beer weight in the coolers when riding around it got close to 2 - 2.5 in, with kid, wife, and me, empty pretty close to 3 in, but the ride quality was greatly improved does way better over rocks and ruts and dosn't bottom out as easily now when doin creek bank climbs and stuff..

·
Banned
365 Posts
Thanks it was alot of measuring, but total lift after turning up the front shocks and putting about 12 psi in the rear air shocks, to level out for the extra beer weight in the coolers when riding around it got close to 2 - 2.5 in, with kid, wife, and me, empty pretty close to 3 in, but the ride quality was greatly improved does way better over rocks and ruts and dosn't bottom out as easily now when doin creek bank climbs and stuff..
thats great news..........mike:)

·
Banned
365 Posts
looks good great job i would be interested but i already bought a xtreme lift now just gotta do clutch work! oh and just installed a custom sound system sounds good and looks good too
do you have any pictures,where did you mount your boxes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
weatherproof boxes they have pyle speakers in them not the best but they are loud and can be heard over my prowler thats what matters to me i have also installed a marine amp from pyle as well..my specs are

Pyle PLMRMP3A 800watt output (over-rated output power lol)
Pyle PLMR25 4in 300watt (handles the over rated amp very well lol)

love this little setup however its not the best but its all waterproof and and does great for me..i have the amp mounted under the hood and that saves it from water even though its a marine waterproof amp.with this setup you do not need a headunit however you can install one if you like it will work with the amp but the kit comes with all connections setup for an ipod or other mp3 player of your choice.do remember the speakers are separate from the amp package total cost i believe at radioshack was 170 bucks! i believe they are overpriced at times

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Thats where i have my amp is under the hood with the extra battery for all the lights and amp, great location and still have plenty of room, im getting ready to install a head unit for simple reasons of no equalizer really built into amp and want reg. radio too,
Well if anybody is intrested in a lift let me know i do all sorts of metal fabrication right now im fabbin up a new front bumper that will work with relocating stock one up in front of head lights and finishing the metal roof, all custom bead rolled and raised panels for a custom look will post up pics soon

·
Banned
365 Posts
Yeah Thats where i have my amp is under the hood with the extra battery for all the lights and amp, great location and still have plenty of room, im getting ready to install a head unit for simple reasons of no equalizer really built into amp and want reg. radio too,
Well if anybody is intrested in a lift let me know i do all sorts of metal fabrication right now im fabbin up a new front bumper that will work with relocating stock one up in front of head lights and finishing the metal roof, all custom bead rolled and raised panels for a custom look will post up pics soon
I got a little set of Bose out door speakers in the garage looks like them.where did you put your radio at.on your second battery do you just charge it the night before you ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im interested in your front bumper setup.. is it light? heavy? ready to see pics i may be interested in one if the bumper comes out far enough so the 30's wont hit it lets see these pics when its ready

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres some Pictures of the metal roof I've been Fabbin up:att:

Attachments

·
Banned
365 Posts
Heres some Pictures of the metal roof I've been Fabbin up:att:
looks good,cant wait to see it when your done..................:usa:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I was working on the roof yesterday about to finish before paint, and I've bent some tube for a new front bumper when i came across a deal on a 5000lb winch for the front. well push came to shove and well the bumper idea got scratched and i'm going to use the stock front bumper and just plate the outsides to look like a rock crawler bumper on a jeep, now i know some are worried about their bumper and their clearances with front tires so I think i have an idea for ya'll i'm going to mock it up today and see what ya'll think, anyways i have a price for ya'll on the lift kit if your interested I'm going to start with $140 range for the lift with out any hardware but will have instructions on what hardware to get and how to install $140 is rough but i've looked and they are nearly 200$ on ebay so its a deal . with out hardware is how i'm going to keep mi and your costs down since i only use grade 8 bolts and nuts, so you'll be able to use what you would like instead of what I use.
Roof is almost done there is a pic of the roof at the b:att:egining part of the thread with pics of the lift just look at those pics its got a light bar and everything

·
Banned
365 Posts
Alright grabbed some scrap metal and got a template of an idea tell me what ya'll think:stups:
cant really tell until you get it all done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.