Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My prowler 700 will not climb a small hill in high gear. When you take off on level ground it takes forever to get speed, I have to put the pedal all the way to the floor to get it to take off. In low gear it takes off fine and will climb hills also 4x4 works great to. Any ideas on what it may be, new belt?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I ran very heavy tires on mine (28" Tall 8 ply, DOT), and did not change the clutch. I had much the same results. I set mine up for street cruising with heavy clutch rollers 28 gram, worked great for the street and long cruise periods, but sure killed low end and hills! Dropped back to 23gram rollers and lighter tires! Runs like a brute!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After pulling the belt cover off it seems I have an oil leak. I think I'm going to take it to a dealer to let them do the work. I don't feel comfortable taking the clutches off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wanna put 28" mayhems on my new one BAD! "BAD" idea????? I only got 50miles on it. don't wanna lose too much performance or ruin belts. This thing is a brute as it is, but the huge tires would look awesome AND give another inch of ground clearance. I'm almost positive it has the red 17gr weights from the factory, as my 2013 500xt atv does. Please be honest with your opinions. I don't wanna make a $500+ mistake or have problems with the new prowler. Thanx guys!

·
Registered
19 Posts
are the 700xt and the 700 hdx clutched the same? Ive been doing a lot of homework on my topic and have read a couple claims that 28 megas on their 700hdx didn't phase them, fit, bite, monsters?

·
Registered
19 Posts
lol, I get it. I ordered the 28s yesterday. posta be here Friday. I'm nervous the wheel offset will be too much, etc.... ever see those (especially dodge) newer pickups with wheel tire upgrade and they stick out from the side so far they look stupid? lol, that's what I'm afraid of. costin' me $900 to find out! here we go........ thanx guys.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I guess we all need to do the forum bounce to keep the Prowler movement alive! :slomo: I'm curious how those will ride on hard pack, the manufacture says they should be smooth and it they're a true 28". :fingersx:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.