Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lifted my 700 hdx 2in xtreme lift with 30in interforces on stock 14in aluminum wheels however i still have some minor rubbing issues when i turn or flex the suspension too much ex...hills large bumps etc is there anything i can do to fix this other than cut the plastics?

Attachments

·
Banned
365 Posts
I would say your gonna have to cut the plastic I sure would hate to,or maybe go with a taller lift.hard choice.

·
Banned
365 Posts
looks like you have powersteering,do you like.:)

·
Banned
365 Posts
love the power steering makes turning 30 easy however not any bigger lifts out there so maybe spring spacer i wonder?:fragez:
spacers might work,just depends if it gonna make it to wide where you ride,seems like alot of guys with the xtz 1000 having trouble with the power steering code popping up which means low voltage.the code is P635.I would like to have it myself I do have a steering stabilizer which helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spacers might work,just depends if it gonna make it to wide where you ride,seems like alot of guys with the xtz 1000 having trouble with the power steering code popping up which means low voltage.the code is P635.I would like to have it myself I do have a steering stabilizer which helps.
i wonder what size offset wheel i would need?

·
Banned
365 Posts
i wonder what size offset wheel i would need?
not sure on that,where is it rubbing right on the edge of front fender,do you think an off set wheel would keep it from rubbing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just on the inside right along where the bolt the bolt the holds the floorbolt in its not actually rubbing the bolt but the plastics just before just picture turning your wheeland the tread coming into contact with the plastic inner fender in a little more than slight turn. i can post up more pics if that helps

·
Banned
365 Posts
just on the inside right along where the bolt the bolt the holds the floorbolt in its not actually rubbing the bolt but the plastics just before just picture turning your wheeland the tread coming into contact with the plastic inner fender in a little more than slight turn. i can post up more pics if that helps
If thats the case wheel spacers would probably work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thinking about maybe selling the interforces lol:shocked: and maybe going with my original idea on the silverback x-lites what do you think? im not always in mud but i need a good mud tire or one that will perform well in the mud and trail in the 30's size and xlites seem good

·
Banned
365 Posts
thinking about maybe selling the interforces lol:shocked: and maybe going with my original idea on the silverback x-lites what do you think? im not always in mud but i need a good mud tire or one that will perform well in the mud and trail in the 30's size and xlites seem good
I dont think those would rub,I got a boddy that runs 32'' thornbirds on his prowler,next time I talk to him I will ask him what lift he used.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont think those would rub,I got a boddy that runs 32'' thornbirds on his prowler,next time I talk to him I will ask him what lift he used.
they actually do good in all conditions and i fixed the rubbing by turning the shocks up..however the interforces do dig in the loose sand alot feels almost like it strains sometimes lol thats why im thinking the xlites may be better but im open to opinions..not really liking the zillas

·
Banned
365 Posts
they actually do good in all conditions and i fixed the rubbing by turning the shocks up..however the interforces do dig in the loose sand alot feels almost like it strains sometimes lol thats why im thinking the xlites may be better but im open to opinions..not really liking the zillas
how much lighter is the xlites,the more it strains the harder it is on your axles,and diffs.:)

·
Banned
365 Posts
the xlites weigh in at 32.8lbs what do you think? xlites,mudlites,sti roctanes? whats the best clutch kit to get for the 30's? i want this setup to be right :reporter:
hard choice on the tires,if your gonna do a lot of mudding go with the epi mudder clutch.but your gonna lose your top end,what I did was called epi and told them what kind of riding I was going to do and they set me up,and I love it.I also got the heavy duty internal wet clutch springs.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adjust your front spring preload cams. In your pictures they are set at their lowest point, providing the softest ride. Adjust them to their highest setting and you will get a little stiffer ride and pick up a little more lift. That may be enough to keep the tires from hitting except under heavy compressions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.