Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am struggling to install a winch on my HDX 700 (I have the Camo Side by Side version). IT appears that the winch mount is factory installed but it is not what I would have expected. It is angled downward and there would be no place for the cable guide. I have searched (for days now it seems) to find a mounting bracket or video and cannot find one anywhere. So the question is, does this unit require a bracket and if so where can you find one? The winch had nothing as far as a mounting bracket, not anything universal. I would have thought mounting the winch would have been the easiest part of this installation. Thank whomever in advance for assistance. :smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here’s how I installed mine. I dont like where they located the mounting plate directly in front of the rad. Let me know if you need anything else. Also I installed one on the rear end too.
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the pictures. I was thinking it needed to be on the outside vs inside near the radiator. This helps tremendously. I assume you ran the wires back to the battery under the seat or is that the wiring shown in the picture under the hood? Were you able to get everything you needed there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the wiring is in the front compartment. Shorter runs and easier to access if there’s a problem. Front and rear winch controls are mounted under the dash on drivers the left side. You may need a mounting plate to create an adaptor to mount the winch to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great, thank you all for the reply. I need to get it finished now so I can install the plow my kids got me for Christmas. This has been a good experience using this forum. Thanks again, happy four wheeling...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.