Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought the 2017 Arctic cat prowler 500, it has a full hard cab but soft doors. I spend my time in a wheelchair but in the winter I will be able to use this to get out. In my town atv, Utv are ok on the streets.

I need some help and information on getting some type of heater to purchase. There seems to be many out there but some are complaining about the output.
Can someone help me in getting a heater that will defog windshield and heat the cab,
Thank you

·
Registered
710 Posts
Forgot about Canadian prices! It has a two speed fan, and 2 defrost vents, and 2 floor vents. I've seen some on ebay, but not sure if they would fit on the Prowler 500. That is a new model this year, how do you like it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love it, especially the size, getting accessories is hard, my hard top, windshield plow bracket, all of these are on back order until mid December. The dealer just finished a heater install (factory) on a 3 seater prowler and was very disappointed in the heat output.
This 2017 500 prowler suits me just fine, it enables me to go out without having to use a wheelchair all the time, or even the truck, it feels better.

·
Registered
710 Posts
From another Prowler owner! the only thing I dont like about the factory unit is that it takes up all the storage space under the hood. I really like the idea of the smaller Summit Racing heater that goes in behind the dash.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Feedback: i got to drive a 2013 hdx with a factory heater when mine was in the shop. i wasnt impressed with it but then again, it had a half windshield and a fabric top. nothing else. i wasnt sure why they put it in but it did kick some heat out. it only had 2 fan speeds though where the summit has 3. it may have also been the way it was hooked up. the guy wired the fan direct so it was on even when the key was off. i killed the battery finding that one out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2017 Arctic cat prowler 500

Is it possible to start a discussion or thread on this Utv.
Parts are different, accessories hard to find, factory hard top and windshield and plow mount still on back order.
Could we exchange the good and the bad about our little monster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Prowler 500 2017

Just wondering, could I use the live wire at the winch (direct from battery) to install a small light bar and a illuminated "fog light switch". This switch has 5 prongs.
Anybody's help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not sure how your winch is wired. Mine has two wires to the winch, one forward, one reverse coming from the winch control solenoid. If you do have a battery direct wire to your winch, then it must have a control relay on, or in the winch. What brand winch? As for the accessories, and this being a fairly new beast for Arctic Cat, aftermarket support has not caught up to it yet! I like the AC accessory line, and like all UTV accessories, they tend to hurt the wallet!

·
Registered
710 Posts
factory Heater comment: It does take up a lot of space. but it works great with a full windshield and cab. I just installed one in a buddy's Prowler, too. I did it alittle different. I ran the two hoses to the floor vents in our console and tee'd off the two windshield defrost vents. I wanted more foot area heat. I also put a valve in my coolant hose to the heater and a cut off switch in front of the heaters coolant pump. It blows ambient temp air into the cab in the summer time. Its nice to have the air flow. Really works good in Spring and Fall riding, because it gets so damn hot in these things, anyway. I'll post a few pictures, later. Off to work, right now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.