Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a happy arctic cat atv owner. Wanting to buy my first prowler. looking at new left over 2015s. Money is an issue, but wanna do some homework and make the right choice. To sum it up, well..., 550 or 700cc? thanx for any input. I'm 57 years old, love rolling around on a capable machine as you will see when I get my profile set up. I ride with a lot of buddies. I like a lil mudding and hill climbing, but basicly put around and enjoy nature. I wanna add larger tires right off the bat as I did my 2013 500xt atv. thanks! 550 vs 700???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone tell me what hits and what fits on a prowler 700? Would my itp 12" atv wheels fit on the 14" prowler? Will a stock 700 turn 28 megas okay? I'm trying to make a informed decision on what to do, opinions vary, but that's why I joined this forum. lol.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Can anyone tell me what hits and what fits on a prowler 700? Would my itp 12" atv wheels fit on the 14" prowler? Will a stock 700 turn 28 megas okay? I'm trying to make a informed decision on what to do, opinions vary, but that's why I joined this forum. lol.
I would not go with the 12 inch wheels Myself I had 28 on my 09 700 and they fit but really had a drastic power loss I ran Roctanes (heavy tires) the 14s will give a better ride.Also if you run the same size tires heigh the 12s will have more sidewall deflection (roll) making them less stable. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'd also go with the 700! Depending on how heavy the tire is you may need some clutch help! The 700 all come with the 19 gram RED Roller in the clutch, AC does offer one lighter roller that is WHITE (17 grams). You may lose some top end with this light weight roller, but it should handle 28" tires. I've heard great things regarding the 550, but bigger is better in this instance!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx guys. I'm stopping at the stealer tomorrow to look over a new / leftover '15 700xt. the tag says $11.5K, but hoping he can come down. Ive seen them out of state online, ebay for $10K. Dunno if he can do that or not. plus, if I buy somewhere else, he aint gonna like working on or servicing it. I dunno. ^^^^^ will 12" rims even fit on a prowler? Factory is 14"......

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not sure about 12" rims, they may interfere with the brake calipers. The XT is a nice machine! Nice thing about the 700 engine/trains package is that they have refined it over the years. I have over 7,500 miles on mine, and plan on another 7,500!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
put it through the paces tonight. mud, trails, even challenging hill. worked great! thanx guys. kinda impressed with the 700 in a heavy vehicle too? aint even broke in. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.