Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this would be the best place for this question...

Anyone one have the latest 60 amp alt. kit from UTV crap ?

I'd like to see a picture of it installed. Anyone post or email me one or three??

I want to add a few things to my 1000 and right now going to use two deep cycle batteries to power some toys ( stereo mainly)

Just hard to drop 500 on something you never seen installed before...

Thanks in Advance:fingersx:

·
Banned
365 Posts
Any idea how much this would cost now?
If you buy the kit,several hundred dollars,I believe utvinc sells them for the xtz 1000.I have heard some guys use a alternator from a small car.

·
Banned
365 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bought the whole kit from UTV Inc, had it about 4 months and it stopped charging so I took it to my local guy and he said it comes off a compact tractor like a Kubota. You will need the weird ass reverse 10 mm threaded adapter for the crank. and will most likely spend way too much time trying to figure out how to mount it and get the angles right if you do it on your own... unless you are a machinist.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Bought the whole kit from UTV Inc, had it about 4 months and it stopped charging so I took it to my local guy and he said it comes off a compact tractor like a Kubota. You will need the weird ass reverse 10 mm threaded adapter for the crank. and will most likely spend way too much time trying to figure out how to mount it and get the angles right if you do it on your own... unless you are a machinist.
Okay was just wondering,I really don't need to do it.do you still go through your stater.

·
Banned
365 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.