Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I have just joined I am looking at buying a 2008 prowler 650xt on the used market.
I am curious why there isn't a 650 forum ?? I see all other engine sizes listed but not 650 WHY ??
Thanks Dirtman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe I see you are a moderator I wonder if you might have some deeper knowledge on the prowlers ??
Like why did they stop using the 650, instead I see 700's and 500's on these later models.
Are there some major glitches or "problems" with the 650's ?
Also I am noticing in the 2008 model year which is what I am considering buying I see the 650's which are carbureted and I also see 2008 700's fuel injected models.
Were they just starting to phase in the 700's into the prowler model line then in 08 ?
It all makes me wonder how much and what kinds of difference there is in the 650 and 700 ? they're CLOSE IN CC'S even thou the 700 is fuel injected.
I AM LEANING TOWARD THE CARBURATED MODELS because of the xtra tech involved in fuel injection etc.
I know working on my older autos an trucks its a lot easier to diagnose problems an keep em runnin when they don't have sensors and all the xtra elect's involved with more modern units.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I think like most companies with engines the went to fuel injection for emissions, performance,drivability etc. I know most of my friends 650s topped out at about 50t053 mph my 700 will do 62 mph, the 650s due to Carb flaws had some starting issues. I think the 700s delelope a little more torque the reason for the axle ratio change 650s had lower ratio. My friends with 650s love them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.