Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Half the time it cranks fine. The other half the solenoid pulls in and the starter engages and acts like it is in a bind or that the motor is on the compression stroke. If I put it in gear and roll the motor past that point it cranks fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've changed battery, starter, ignition, wiring, and all connections. The only thing left to change is the solenoid. I have checked it and even jumped it out. Have gone as far as hooking battery straight to starter, doesn't turn it over. When it turns over it starts immediately, Seems to be luck that the motor doesn't stop on that stroke every time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem at about 50 hours too - replaced starter, thicker battery cables (which still got too hot), solenoid.

Come to find out there is a decompression spring in the cam that wasn't manufactured properly. Fixed under warranty, and no more problems. Arctic Cat does not show this decompression device in the engine drawings, and they admitted to omitting it from the public drawings. Also, Arctic Cat would not reimburse me for the battery, starter, etc... I hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.