Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used or saw the heater from the prowler book.Looking to put in a heater,or what other kind of heaters will work.I saw the one for the rzr and it looked nice.I have a concole so i cant mount to the floor.Some are to big.

Thanks
GB

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go to the online Summit Racing Catalog and find the 3 speed heater made for a Jeep. We've installed a few in Prowlers and had good luck. Plumbed them into the water lines by the heater. The heater only costs about $130...a lot cheaper than the ac stuff

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this heater, i have plummed it in to the temp sensor off the head and teed into the return by the rear of the engine. I cant get any heat what so ever out of it. Any ideas that I can try or anybody know what I am doing wrong?

·
Banned
365 Posts
heater

plum it like darryl89 said come off your heater hoses.you will get heat then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So just to be clear, come off the rubber hose closest to the radiator then? I was plummed in first on the rubber radiator hoses right of the engine and that didnt give much heat.

·
Banned
365 Posts
heater

let it run until it warms up let fan kick on and see which hose is the hottest,when your fan kicks on you are gonna get a little cooler heat.what prowler do you have.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So just to be clear, come off the rubber hose closest to the radiator then? I was plummed in first on the rubber radiator hoses right of the engine and that didnt give much heat.
The one on the right is the return line to the engine, it will be cooler since it has been through the radiator. From what I have found out (and the way I have mine) you tee off the drivers side to the heater input and the out put tee's into the return line on the passenger's side. I'm sure this is how the factory is setup, now one other thing is where you have your heater mounted, if it is above the height of the radiator you might need to a small pump to help with vapor lock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the input, I have a 2010 700xtx. The heater is mounted on my console right under my dash. I have been doing some tinkering with it, I am finally getting some heat as long as I am working the machine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What heater did you get?

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's how I did mine.
Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Nut
Steering part Motor vehicle Car Automotive mirror Steering wheel

·
Banned
365 Posts
i seen you put a bracket in the center of your windshield,i did the same thing mine rattled.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That was on there when I bought it, I thought it was made that way.

·
Banned
365 Posts
That was on there when I bought it, I thought it was made that way.
how much is a heater from articcat and where does it mount at.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That's not the same one I got, mine wouldn't fit there it had 3 vents and was too long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The summit heater is a great heater. I've tested it against several other brands that were in several different machines and it was far and away the best heater of the group.

·
Banned
365 Posts
The summit heater is a great heater. I've tested it against several other brands that were in several different machines and it was far and away the best heater of the group.
great news,glad it worked out for you no more cold riding...........mike

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.