Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just bought 06 650 h1 love it. Have problem when i hit the brakes real hard . seems to be very bad rattle in tranny. It does not do this when you hit the brakes softly. Another question does the tranny whine when doing top speed. I still have warranty what should i look for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine has the same rattle when braking hard and yes it also whines really loud at top speed. My prowler is an '08 650 XT. My dealer assured me that all prowlers do this. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys i have 08 650 and had same prob and brought it in they check it out and found out it was lot of probs in tranny bearings and gears very very commen on the 650 better get them look at its because not enigh oil getting around inside but the said after updated parts will be all good they are changing over 60 parts in motor so ya

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh ya starting prob if it stops when cranking over like it is jamming up it could be ur valves out of ajustment that was my prob good luck.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
07 Prowler Brake chatter

I have the same problem. I found the discs have play in them. I was able to duplicate the sound. I looked at an exploded view of the brake system and realized that they showed a spring in it that was not on my unit. Babbits wanted $8.00 for a replacement. I purchased one locally and I'll try it out next week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
have the same with mine,dealer said its because of rear caliper warping. if you take back break off and put a wedge in it and tie it up only front brakes will work and if noise goes away it is the brakes. also my son has a rino and it makes the same noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts