Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2006 650 Prowler and today while driving my brakes slowly went out. The pedal lowered a bit when I applied the brakes, then each time I applied the brakes it went down a little further until it now goes to the floor. I checked the master cylinder and it's full. Anybody have an idea where to look next? :wtf1:

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2006 650 Prowler and today while driving my brakes slowly went out. The pedal lowered a bit when I applied the brakes, then each time I applied the brakes it went down a little further until it now goes to the floor. I checked the master cylinder and it's full. Anybody have an idea where to look next? :wtf1:
One thing that seams to happen to Prowlers is the same thing and replacing your brake fluid fixes it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for not replying earlier. No, not yet. The next day the pedal was up like it never happened. I'm guessing I over-heated the brakes and boiled the brake fluid. I'm going to change it this week and hope it never happens again....scary stuff having no brakes....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Changing the brake fluid is commonly over looked. Make sure you use fresh fluid and ensure that no petroleum products come in contact with the new fluid or enter the brake master. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.