Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2013 Prowler 700 XTX (Camo). Love it so far, but have decided to close it in completely. I have spent a lot of time researching different brands, styles, materials but all have pro's and cons. Any one have any response on specific brands they have purchased and actually used for a while. I am leaning towards Arctic Cats LXC Cab enclosure with glass front windshield, wiper kit, heater, Anything will help.( I have spoke to others that say full cabs swirl snow dust, road dust etc,. and are VERY LOUD inside after....any truth to this, or solutions? I cant see myself dropping 6 grand on an enclosure that isn't going to work for long term?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put my VXC cab on last night and I wouldnt do it again. Terrible instructions. And no where did it say what piece to start with first. Bolts change from Tory to Allen head with each panel. Real mess. I have a 700 hdx. Does not seem to bad for noise in cab.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well at least there's good news about the noise, that's my only complaint with my 650, someday I would like to upgrade to the HDX I would like to have the third seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Helrazr, Thanks for the info....that sucks on the install though. You mind me asking how much you paid for yours? also how long did it take then to install? Does it seem pretty solid while driving? I am wondering if these plastic cabs are going to start to flex or wear slightly and develop a squeaky sound or something. I ran into another guy who had one installed and so far he loves his, but he has tracks on for the winter and says it is crazy loud...enough that he wears ear muff protection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
questions

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread but i have a couple of questions. I maybe in the market for a new prowler. The mountain county that i live in maybe close to legalizing atvs on the county roads, my fingers are crossed. Which means i may use it only for transportation.

questions:
Soft roof vs hard roof. which would yall suggest taking into consideration noise and wind?

Tilting windshield: which manufacturer would you suggest?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought mine used and it came with a soft cab. The cold wind would blow through the doors and at higher speeds the magnets wouldn't hold them shut and good cross wind would blow them open. The seams on my roof are starting to pull loose and leak a little, but it is 7 years old and taken a beating. I've already changed to a hard door and plan on changing the roof also, if I were to buy a new one it would have a hard cab. I don't know if there would be much difference in noise level between the two but you will stay dryer and warmer in the hard cab.

·
Registered
12 Posts
size

Thanks for the comments. I sat in a prowler just two weeks ago that was tricked out with a hard cab. I am 6'6" and needless to say i did not fit.

That is something to think about with the roof though, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, I decided to go with an LXC Cab enclosure from Arctic Cat. I bought the cab heater, window wiper, washer fluid kits too. I installed a factory Cat canvas dump box cover as well so all of us and our gear stay dry. I bought the roof mount light bar for LED lights. It has been installed for about 5 months so far and seems to be holding up well. I have the full Glass front window which can be fully closed, vented about 3" open, or fully open. You can drive with it in all positions. The side doors have sliding lexan windows which can either be fully open(only complaint is that they do not slide completley down and they stick up roughly 3" so it is awkward to have arm resting out window because window is up slightly) or closed. The rear cover is clear lexan with a smoke clear finish. There is a small window which can be in 3 position fully open, open roughlr 3-4" or closed. The roof has a sealed tinted skylight roughly 14" square which makes it nice for some light in the cab in the day. I am very happy with the entire set so far My biggest complaint would be the noise. I have installed foam strips around engine cover, sound dampining peel and stick membranes on under side of engine cover, under seats, and on back wall behind seats. When i have time i am going to dismantle the floor and spray foam the honeycomb floor panels and fire wall. from the underside. When you are driving with all windows closed it is extremely loud,( it did help some with the membranes that i have installed) It is tolerable with front window and side door windows fully open. The Cab is very well designed. It was a nightmare to install and i had to adjust and field fit a few things but all in all it went together very tight and sealed. The doors are a little flexible and are not intended to be pulled on at all. I am use to them but if you have any buddies ride with you tell them not to use them as a grab handle to get in and out. The cab when installed drastically reduces your sight lines and was a bit to getting use too. Loading and unloading onto a trailer you have to stick your head out the window like ace ventura.....but again i am use to all of this now. It depends what your budget is and what you want out of your cab. Durability is definitely with a hard plastic or metal cab enclosure. If you are driving in winter months a fabric cab is just going to crack with the wind chatter. not sure how your winters are but ours are extreme....-35 C All in all its a lot of cash to spend on an enclosure but you get what you pay for. Sorry for writing a book here....but just want to give you the pros and cons since i have had mine for a bit now. I would recommend buying this cab if you want to stay warm and dry. It is not for mudding.....I will post some picks when i have a chance good luck in your search!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow! You went for it all but with those temps I can see why. We get windchill that cold but not the actual temps very often. I've got an old prowler and have been piecing together a hard cab from aftermarket parts, I've got two piece doors from Bestop, factory poly windshield (tilt would benice to have), and still using the soft top with the roll up back window. I bought a heater from Summit Racing that's close to the one Cat sells mounted under the hood.

I've tried all the same stuff to cut down on noise, let me know how floor panel spray works out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I closed mine in to keep us and all our gear dry. I have a remote cabin but we will never be able to drive our truck to it. We have roughly 2 km of horrible bog, and jagged rock to travel over to get to it. We are there every other week so it made sense to invest in a full cab cover. Nothing worse that heading to camp for the weekend and its raining out.....doesnt make for a good weekend spending the first day drying your stuff out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.