Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you reside in California you know that we use to have 10 or 11 Special Vehicle Recreation Areas (SVRAs) throughout the State. These were paid for with our OHV gas tax and Green Sticker monies which the Governator recently raided to the tune of $90 Million dollars (90% of the fund) as his predecessors have done at least twice in the past, without repaying the money as promised.

As of now we are down to seven with the closure of Clear Creek (CCMA) nearly a year ago and the forthcoming closure of Carnegie SVRA on December 28. Oceano Dunes is also under attack and threat of closure. If the Oceano attack is successful this will leave us with six, a nearly 50% reduction of self funded pay to play riding areas. Never mind all the National Forest and BLM Land Access we recently lost and continue to loose!!!

When will this madness stop? Either when every trail and SVRA is closed or when we OHV users unite, come out of pocket, join National, Regional and Local groups thereby making a meaningful commitment to fight this crap!

For those of you in other States . . . just a warning . . . stand by . . . crap like this that starts in California rarely stays here!

Get on-board NOW or prepare to stay home!!!

Informational Links . . .

http://thegeneralsrecreationden.blogspot.com/

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/

·
Registered
2 Posts
suggest joining the Blue Ribbon Coalition as web site to keep us informed of all the closures through out the US and all dedicated to the fight ..great site

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suggestion

Great idea, however the forum already is!

I proposed the idea, negotiated the deal between management of the UTVForums.net and the BlueRibbon Coalition and wrote the press release which was approved by both sides.

Unfortunately . . . here’s the scoop.

http://www.prowlerforums.net/forums/public-lands-advocacy/402-please-dont-neglect-latest-land-access-issues.html

Perhaps it is time to lift the moratorium?

Check with “4Nines” to see if it can be lifted, perhaps there is now enough interest among the membership.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lying King, contact the Access Army through their webpage and get them involved, they have a great contact network to really increase your grassroots campaign base.
Their website is
Access Army Home Page

Del Albright is well versed at helping keep areas open for our use. They are more 4X4 oriented, but strongly support ATV,UTV and motorcycle access also.
Good luck, I'm involved with a battle to keep our main riding area open right now in NM. The BLM land nazis and the local mtn-bike club want to close access to over 23 square miles of prime riding area just outside of Farmington, NM. This is the same land area that the W.E.Rock National Rock Crawling Championships are held. By allying with the 4X4 crowd, the ATV/UTV group has effectively tripled it's base for writing letters and pushing to keep the area open. But alas, I think the eco-nazis are winning this war... even though we have statistics and the support, seems to be falling on deaf ears. The politicos don't seem to care either since they don't off-road. And there are too dang many welfare babies in this state that help vote in the super liberal eco lovers each time around...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Darryl

Lying King, contact the Access Army through their webpage and get them involved, they have a great contact network to really increase your grassroots campaign base.
Their website is
Access Army Home Page

Del Albright is well versed at helping keep areas open for our use. They are more 4X4 oriented, but strongly support ATV,UTV and motorcycle access also.
Good luck, I'm involved with a battle to keep our main riding area open right now in NM. The BLM land nazis and the local mtn-bike club want to close access to over 23 square miles of prime riding area just outside of Farmington, NM. This is the same land area that the W.E.Rock National Rock Crawling Championships are held. By allying with the 4X4 crowd, the ATV/UTV group has effectively tripled it's base for writing letters and pushing to keep the area open. But alas, I think the eco-nazis are winning this war... even though we have statistics and the support, seems to be falling on deaf ears. The politicos don't seem to care either since they don't off-road. And there are too dang many welfare babies in this state that help vote in the super liberal eco lovers each time around...
Much appreciated Darryl but I have had lunch with Del, Stacie and their Daughter since we live less than an hour from each other, have hosted BRC videos on friends private property with them, been a member of the Access Army since it's inception as well as a member of the BRC since 2002, CA4WDC since 2001, the BRC "KAT Team, and regularly converse with Del, Don Amador and Greg Mumm via email.

Del has even been kind enough to make a presentation to our local Chamber of Commerce at my request.

It's the "deaf ears" of the OHV folks that are the problem, we have the numbers but the numbness prevents us from prevailing. Only when it comes to their backyard do they give a crap and by then it is too late!

Here's Del's advice . . .

"I’m charged up to see so many folks talking about the fact that we are AT WAR over our access to public lands, riding areas, SVRA’s and everywhere else we like to go. It’s time to unite our army of recreationists and FIGHT BACK like never before. Or park it.

For those that don’t know me, I’ve had my butt over an off-road tire of some sort for over 45 years. I’ve been actively involved in land use and access fights since the days of Disco Balls on dance floors. Just say a long time. And I’ve got a plan for us.

Right now, BlueRibbon and some hard hit folks are also fighting for the Oregon Dunes. Of course, Pismo/Oceano is under fire again for polluting the air. Clear Creek went under (for now) due to Asbestos. Carnegie is hit for enviro stuff. Tellico is gone (for now) due to water/erosion issues. Moab is always under some sort of Wilderness attack – close it down stuff. So what’s next?

I’ll tell ya what’s next – YOUR BACK YARD.

The radical protectionists want us to park our rigs and start walking. They want more and more land for Wilderness and closurist activities (hiking). They just do not like our motors.

So my plan is simple – and it’s never too late.
First off JOIN everything you can afford to join, starting with the BlueRibbon Coalition – we are the ONLY national grassroots outfit representing ALL forms of motorheads, fighting to keep our trails open. Also join your regional and state associations.
BRC here: http://www.sharetrails.org

BE SURE to JOIN The Access Army as well – free and easy, uniting us all, just forming a virtual battle front for all of us to fight back.
http://www.accessarmy.com

Secondly, ADVOCATE for your sport. Start writing those letters when asked. Write your politicians once a year and tell them how you want your public lands managed. Get your voice out there. Tell your neighbor. Write a letter to your local paper.

There is a lot of options for ALL of us to do our part – just DO IT. The simple steps for saving your trail or riding area are outlined on my new website I built just for this purpose: http://www.savemytrails.com

Hope this helps.
Del"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts