Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke my right rear axle, have recived a new one, been looking at several youtube videos and read lots of threads about how to remove it. Still that damn thing is stuck to the diff. :spank:

I push the axle in to the diff and then try to pop it straight out. Done it hundreds og times, and it still wont come out. Even my girlfriend gave it a shot..

So my question is: Is there any smart things i can do remove this shit-axle, or is the next step give it to the dealer?

Prowler 650 2008

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Already tried that pulling the cv method. Didnt work out. Im a bit afraid of the slam hammer becouse of breaking somthing in the diff?

Is it a possibillety to open the diff and push/hammer it out from that angle?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did remove the other rear axle (went out on my first try...), and hammered out the shit-axle from the other end.

Now my Prowler has 4wd again :happy:

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C-Clip. It did look fine when it came out. I cant realy understand why it was so hard to get out. Must have been some rust. The axle probably has been there since it been produced back in 2008(7).

I bought my prowler a year ago. Its been running 4100 miles now. Great machine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.