Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Arctic Cat 450 TRV. While about 30 miles into my run, I noticed a loud clicking noise coming from the engine/transmission area. I finished the run (about 10 more miles) with that annoying noise. It ran as normal (no change in power or speed) except for the noise. The next day, I pulled the rocker covers to check the valve lash. It checked out OK. When I was turning over the engine manually, I noticed that at a certain point of each revolution, there was a sharp and loud click noise. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The noise was not there prior to the run and it started about 30 miles into it. It is very noticeable at idle and becomes intermittent as the RPMs increase. When turning the engine over manually through the crankshaft end cap, one way it rotates smoothly and the other way it is hard and crunchy. I did a little research and a lot of people are talking about the one-way clutch behind the clutch cover. Your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The oneway bearing can cause all kinds of problems, best to remove before you get thrown over the handlebars! Drain the oil, pull the belt, and clutches off, and remove the inner cover (gaskets can be reused if not damaged), the oneway sits on the wet clutch hub. Once removed there will be a slight decrease in engine braking. Still a worthwhile trade off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.