Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a used 2012 Prowler HDX 700. It has a couple issues that I need some help with.

The first thing is that it doesn't seem to be charging. I've owned Yamahas in the past and when they're not charging its generally the stator. I assume Arctic Cat is the same. Is the Stator on these machines known for going bad or is it sometimes something else like the regulator?

The other issue I'm having is that it won't start in any gear except for neutral. If it's in gear, with the brake pedal pressed, the engine will turn over but will not start. As soon as I put it in neutral it will fire right up. I think this may be a wiring issue somewhere. It looks as if someone has been into the harness coming off the LH side of the engine.

Also, is there anywhere that I can download a wiring schematic for this machine. I didn't get a service manual when I bought it.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have an old 650 and it will start in any gear with the brake pressed and in neutral without the brake. I believe all Prowlers have a strator.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think Joe has a wire schematic for the 700 xtx, maybe he can help. I'm sure he'll be online soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.