Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought an 08 prowler xtx700efi for an awesome price. I heard some noise in the clutch area and took the cover off to find that about an inch and a half on the inside of the belt had broke off and was chewed into little pieces. this machine was used on a farm in Ontario canada so im figuring that hauling heavy loads is the culprit. my question is; can anyone recommend an online distributor that has good prices on belts?? or should i just purchase one locally??? the local going rate seems to be about 80bucks canadian with tax. or does anyone have any suggestions on brands that are superior to OEM??? thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ended up blowing my near my house. Had to bite the bullet and buy a genuine AC belt. and let me tell ya, they saw me coming. $158.00 out the door. OUCH

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mastergrader: Not to be nosey, but what do you consider a awsom price. I have a 07 and if I could run on to a 08 with the fuel inj. with a awsom price, I might make the switch. Courious as to what would be considered a real bargin deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mastergrader: Not to be nosey, but what do you consider a awsom price. I have a 07 and if I could run on to a 08 with the fuel inj. with a awsom price, I might make the switch. Courious as to what would be considered a real bargin deal.
I searched the buy and sell mags for a few weeks and found a lady that was recently divorced that had 2 silver 2008 xtx efi's. she was asking $8000.00 each, but I ended up getting mine for $7500.00(canadian) it is silver with the soft top. it has warranty until March 2010. there was 1100kms on it. she paid $13000.00 cash each for them in 2008. Before I bought it I called my local AC dealer down the road and priced out a 2010xtx. they quoted me $13,100 CASH OTD. so, I figured I got a pretty much brand new machine, for pretty much half price! Not to mention that my 06 450 sportsman was stolen and I got $7000.00 from insurance for it, so all in all, I ended up with 10x's the machine for $500.00. BUT i did have to drive 6hours each way pulling a monster of a trailer with a big dodge hemi that ended up costing me $200 bucks in fuel!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes Mastergrader: I know about those long drives. I found mine in east up state N.Y. Had to drive from Ohio . About $250 in gas. Mine is a 07. I gave $6000. Looks like new but had 3000 miles on it. Must have just drove it up and down the road to put that many miles on it. Looks like it has never been in the woods. I love it. Took it to N. Mex. this year. Up in the mountains above 10,000 ft I could feel a little loss in power. Maybe some day I will run on to some one who has a FEI and will make me a deal I cant refuse.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your best bet on replacing the belt is to go with the OEM AC belt. I don't own a Prowler but have 3 AC atv's. The OEM is the only belt to go with. All of the aftermarket ones are either to hard of a material and will chew up your clutches, or to soft and will explode in a short time. The OEM is a little pricey but it's worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I run a 650 h1 that has had the engine tune clutch kitted 30inhc tires an I have not had any problems with the belts from babbit's if you look at the part # it is the same one you will get at the dealer ship

·
Registered
22 Posts
I run a 650 h1 that has had the engine tune clutch kitted 30inhc tires an I have not had any problems with the belts from babbit's if you look at the part # it is the same one you will get at the dealer ship
You can also get Arctic Cat OEM parts at Country Cat. They are much cheaper than babbitt's and you can't beat the service and fast shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts