Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 prowler and it's periodically giving me electrical problems. When this occurs, the bike will not turn over and there is no power to the dash cluster. Sometimes this issue only last a few minutes to hours and then without me doing anything will start again as if nothing is wrong. I have replaced the solenoid and key switch and have inspected the wiring harness for shorts already. This has not resolved the issue. The bike only has 650 miles and is barn kept and used on the farm

The dealer thinks it may be the computer but I have removed the computer box and the bike will still turn over and has power to the dash cluster unlike when its giving me problems and has no power to turn over or power to the dash cluster. Since the problem is periodic, the dealer can't determine the issue until it is broken when I bring it. Looking for help

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey mine is doing the same thing , my instrument cluster acts weird in makes a winding noise then the needle try's to go backwards....about once every 20 times it does not want to start.....replaced the battery...then leave it for a bit and it starts right up......did you ever come up with a solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It finally quit altogether. I took it to the deal and they claim it is in the main wiring harness connection. This is located under the hood/ice chest area.

Since I had it back for the dealer, the bike has done the same thing again. I decided to take a look myself and messed around and unplugged the main connection under the hood and reconnected it. It has not done it again since.

The dealer claimed that it was not connected and secured good from the factory. I requested that they contact Arctic Cat to see if they (Arctic Cat) would pay for it. I got the run a round and in order to get my bike out of the shop in a timely manner I paid the $120. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dead Ignition

My 2001 500 Auto has done the same thing for a few years. Troubleshooting revealed a connector socket in the ignition switch disconnect plug is partially unseated in the plug. Arcing caused by the loose connection melted the inside of the plug so the contact will no longer remain locked in place. The plug is buried under the front plastic below the instrument cluster about 8 inches from the ignition switch. That's where I'd look.
I am going to splice extra wire to the ignition switch, replace the connector with a new hermetically sealed one, and relocate the connector where it can be accessed if necessary.

First time this problem happened it left my son and his girl stranded in the deep woods of the NEK in VT with dark approaching. First and only time the CAT has ever let me down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.