Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am seriously looking at a 2008 (new) Arctic Cat XTX 700 EFI and would appreciate any insight (good, bad or ugly!) that the members here could provide. I am easy on my toys and over-maintain everything I own!
I am looking for a reliable, easy to maintain unit. My wife, son and I used to quad...lots! Then we got out of quadding when my son got older. Now we are thinking this is a great way for us to get back into the outdoors. My wife is excited (surprise!) at the prospect of not having to drive her own unit and the fact that we could communicate much easier than on the quads. I like the idea of not having to maintain 3 units! LOL
I have a (purchased new) 2003 Suzuki 1500LC motorcycle with 110,000+ kms, that has never been back to the dealer since purchase. I am pretty comfortable doing all my own maintenance/repairs and have a well equipped shop where I do all my work.
Thanks to all that respond, I appreciate it!
Hammer
Edit: I have an 09 XTX 700 EFI flatbed demo in my shop tonight, to try for the weekend. I have already had it out and my wife even drove it! We both like it, but we are most comfortable cruising at around 50 kph, so I'm wondering if the 700 isn't a waste for me. I have been reviewing the specs for the 550 EFI and it has all the same specs for towing, carrying capacity, fuel tank size, low range, diff lock, etc. It also has a 2.5" lower seat height (also 2" lower ground clearance) that would sure make it easier to get in and out of. I'm thinkin at the speeds we are comfortable at, the 550 EFI would better suit us. I would like to put a snow plow on it to plow the driveway in winter (thus the EFI is a must have). The 550 is closer to a "square bore" (92mm X 82mm) engine and should make good torque.
Any feedback regarding the 550 EFI idea? Remember I'm not a young hot rodder........any more! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Gee, 8 views and no responses?????????
Hammer
14 views......
18 views......
27 views......

Well look like I found a screamin deal on a brand new 08 XTX 700 EFI!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a650 carburated and it ok but I think you will be happier with the700 for pushing snow and like always if you need the extra hp its there if you dont its not a waist. If you love the outdoors you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 700 XTX, I would still have it if Arctic cat wouldn't have come out with the XTZ 1000. (I just had to have one::Couldn't live with out it) The 700 XTX was a great machine. I put 1251 miles on it in 3 months absoutly no problems great machine. My XTZ 1000 has 2200 miles same great quality machine. Love 'em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts