Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all you Arctic Cat owners...my name is Jeanette and I'm an Arctic Cat lover from the beginning(snow mobiles mostly) --strangely enough, I was born in Thief River Falls, MN, where they're based-but I digress.
A friend of mine (Curtis) recently traded for the aforementioned Prowler, however, the fellow he got it from seems to have failed to mention (or didn't know as I think he was 2nd owner) exactly what all had been done to it modification-wise (e.g. lift kit? see photos)

--anyway, the tie rod broke and Curtis bought OEM part only to discover something's not quite right...he suspects a "rigged" modification(s)--is the spindle original? --but not knowing how it's supposed to look (I grew up dirt track racing cars so my knowledge runs more towards car parts) ...? I haven't looked at it up close so aside from the photos he sent, I can't describe any detail-would be greatly appreciative of any insight/comments/ideas et cetera-I will add any more information to this thread as Curtis/we sort it out. Thank you! Cheers...here's a night photo of Curtis and his Prowler (excuse the beer :happy:)

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Well looks like a home built lift kit was installed and it looks like Heavey duty tie rods and ends were also installed on the Prowlends.er. Yes from what I can see the spindle looks factory but a Factory tie rod wont fit because you have to drill out the spindle to instsll the aftermarket

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Confirms what we suspected...by the way, rack and pinion replacement--any comparable but cheaper than $354? Recommendations on who/where to purchase? Thanks again to everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.