Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been a topic of discussion but I have never read a answer that applies to mine. I had a 2006 650 prowler and it shifted ok. Little tempermintal sometimes but all in all no complaint. I recently purchased a 2010 700 with 1300 miles. You cannot shift it with the engine running. I disconnected the shift cable at trans and it is free. The idle speed does not seem to be too high. I think it idles around 1600 rpm. Is this within specs? If not what should it be and how do you lower in on fuel injection. The only way I can shift it is to shut the motor off then it shifts ok. Would it be the oil seals leaking oil on the belt causing this.??? or springs in clutch too weak??? I need some ideas with this. I have sort of just been living with it, trying not to get myself in a position that I needed to shift, but a recent trip to the mountains in New Mex. and having to shut my engine off at times to get it in reverse, miles from any help, was sort of scarey (and being 72 years young) situation. So this winter after the riding season is done, I think I better bite the bullet and tear it down.. What do I look for???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.