Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had a chance to go ride with HCR Racing and their fleet of long traveled UTVs and they really do a nice job of soaking up the small bumps, yet handle the large jumps just as well. They make the following kits:

- Rhino Long Travel Kits
- RZR Long Travel Kits
- Teryx Long Travel Kits
- Prowler Long Travel Kits

Here's a short video, and there will be a much longer in depth video showing exactly how well they work shortly:

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you want to watch the abbreviated version demonstrating the benefits of having long travel over stock, watch this one:

If you want to really watch every detail in ultra slow motion and compare to stock, watch this one:

·
Registered
35 Posts
So whats the word on the HCR LT kit? King 2.0's?

What about spring rates for a 4 seater?

Is installation pretty straight forward?

And most importantly, who has the killer price??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installation is straight forward but disassembly of the cv’s is harder then other manufactures, they can walk you through it or recommend a shop for the cv build.

Here are two very aggressive dealers that have sold XTZ-1000 kits, they would just increase preload on rear springs for four seater as they have built two seater race vehicle’s and recreational 4 seaters. The custom shop has a personal 4 seater of there own so they would have great feed back for you or even a test drive could be arranged at Dumont.

Nick @ UTV Crap 623-934-3070

Brian @ The Custom Shop 702-436-6777

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
35 Posts
So who has the step by step install for HCR?

My Rhino was a piece of cake. Can my AC be that much harder?

Tips?
Tricks?
Should anything be replaced, upgraded in the process? (car is brand new)

·
Registered
43 Posts
So who has the step by step install for HCR?

My Rhino was a piece of cake. Can my AC be that much harder?

Tips?
Tricks?
Should anything be replaced, upgraded in the process? (car is brand new)

I dont have long travel but you might want to strengthen up the A-arm mounts. I bent the hell out of mine just by hitting a small witch's eye (rutt) in the dunes. I had everything cut up and re-built but you can get the stiffeners from UTV crap that will help. Call Nick and he will set you up with what you need.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the nice things about all of HCR's kits is they're 100% bolt on and go. Installation doesn't really get any easier than that and should be very similar to your Rhino.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One of the nice things about all of HCR's kits is they're 100% bolt on and go. Installation doesn't really get any easier than that and should be very similar to your Rhino.
Several guys on Rhino forumns posted up pics, process, and tricks. Some of which helped before I tacked my Rhino.

Guess its a secret here. But I will make sure to post up some pics after I do mine. Might help someone down the road. Because that is what this is all about right? helping eachother out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont have long travel but you might want to strengthen up the A-arm mounts. I bent the hell out of mine just by hitting a small witch's eye (rutt) in the dunes. I had everything cut up and re-built but you can get the stiffeners from UTV crap that will help. Call Nick and he will set you up with what you need.
Thats good to know. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts