Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I know this is probably a stupid post, but: I just took delivery on a ’07 650H1 – supposedly a XT, but I have my doubts – the hood has the XT sticker but I think it may not be the original hood – the thing is a repo I picked up off an auction. No owner’s manual, but from what I can find out about the owner’s manual, it’s somewhat worthless anyway.

Anyway – the thing runs great, started right up and except for needing to buy new tires the day I took delivery (the trucking company somehow tore out the sidewalls on two of the tires), it seems like a good purchase – but the 1st thing I want to do is change the fluids since I have no idea when, or if they have ever been changed.

Looking through the console I can’t find the oil filter anyplace or at least it’s not visible anyplace I can see. I downloaded and printed off the service manual and it mentions the filter but nothing as to its location – the parts blow ups I can find on the web also don’t show its location. Can anyone give this dumb person a brief description of where it goes? Remove the skid plate and under that? Also, the location of the fuel filter?

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I remember my XT correctly, the oil filter is at the rear of the engine (someone correct me if I am wrong). You have to completely remove the console to really do anything to the motor (it is easy, though). The fuel filter is internal to the tank. If you do remove the fuel pick up to check it, be careful with the rubber sealing gasket. There is a "trick" to re-installing it, but I do not remember what that trick is.....you'll figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts