Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all I just rebuilt/fixed my 2008 Artic Cat Prowler 650. It has been sitting for 2 years so I suspect the battery is shot. With that, after I got it running I drove around a little bit. Was running great then died, wouldn't start due to a dead battery. After charging it will start again. So....I'm confused. The battery shows 12v when setting. It shows 14.5-14.9 while running leading me to believe it's charging. So I disconnected the black plug with 3 black wires which leads down to the stator area. I also notice when I unplug that my RPM gauge doesn't function. I've read I should get 30-60V depending on engine speed but I get a big 0. Am I testing the wrong plug? Can anybody lead me how to better test? Should the stator be able to keep it running regardless of the battery being dead? I don't have any lights, stereos, etc. on. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 08 prowler 650, my volt was flashing and I had read this forum to see what possible causes there were and one was battery, well I changed the battery with a ARCTIC CAT dealer choice battery and two weeks later the volt is flashing again, I read on seeing what to follow and I am at a fork in the road. I tested with a volt meter and it reads charging at 14.7 volts and my battery seems not to be holding it I think. I tested battery two days ago and it was 13.4 and today it is 12. 9 Why the fluxuation and why the flashing volt again????? ANYONE??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am getting 14.7 volts at idle, I havent figured out how to test stator yet, also to add to this, I had the VOLT flash once and I turned the machine off and it now has run for two days with not flashing. ????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.