Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I bought a 2006 artic cat 650 prowler H1 from a guy that told me he had a title then he remembered it was a MSO but he cant find it. What is it and do they exist. If so can I file for one. please help and thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
MSO is Manufacture Statement of Origin. It is what dealers get when they buy the units. Some states dont issue titles for UTV's so the dealer will just sign over the MSO to the new owner. I really have no idea how you can get a new one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go to a local Arctic Cat dealer, have them contact their Arctic Cat Customer Support person at AC with the VIN number. They will do a search and trace to which dealer the MSO was released to (the dealer can do this also on their AC Portal system). Contact that dealer or customer as shows on the search and see if they still have the MSO. If the dealer signed it over to a customer, you will need that customer to sign a bill of sale to you. Then you would take that bill of sale (in most states) to the MVD and request a title application for a machine that has a lost title. They may require you to have the Prowler inspected by a police officer (checking for stolen status) and then request you to have a bond placed on the Prowler for 2 years in case someone reports it as theirs. At that time, they will issue a provisional title. Then after the 2 years is up, the provisional title converts to a regular title.
These are the steps that the State Of New Mexico requires. I'm not sure what other states require.
I don't think Arctic Cat can legally issue a new MSO once the machine has been sold though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.