Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to try and install a heater core and assecories from a small vehicle (samuri) because I can not justify paying $800.00 here in canada. Can someone please post some pictures as to how the complete unit is installed. So I can get an idea how to make this fit. Or of coarse any other ideas or help will be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks again - great forum

Nancy
2010 prowler 1000 XTZ

·
Registered
710 Posts
You can install the heater core on your cooling lines, by using the line going from the engine to the radiator. I'd recommend a by-pass line so it is not circulating hot water in the summer months. Placement will be the challenge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Dp placement is my concern, however I do have a full soft enclosure so I will try using the engine heat however it is frequently -30C to -40C up in sk where I spend time also. where the prowler is used for trapping and fun. Thank you all. If anyone has pics of heater core placement that would be awesome

nancy

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tradesgirl, I ran across a compact UTV heater on facebook, it is by MARADYNE, looks supper easy to hook up, and they also list an install kit. I pulled them up on the web, and they offer several aftermarket heaters! Also do marine units! I've seen prices between 140.00, and 179.00. They do show dimensions if needed. Just a heads up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again DP, I will check it out, however it seems the 2010 model is hard to find any aftermarket parts. But will get heat one way or another forsure.

Nancy

·
Registered
710 Posts
Square Tube prowlers are fast losing aftermarket support! Thank our lucky stars for EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The storage tub is a popular place to put a heater, up under the dash is very tight. I'd also look at the passenger side firewall as a potential spot! I bought units from Vintage Air, many units and some should work. They are a Hot Rod Specialty Shop/Supplier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boy do I see it is hard to find parts for square tube prowlers. LOL I will look into it. however I am busy for the next few days, but food to chew on.
thks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a dealer installed heater in my 2011 xtz 1000. Summer months it isn’t used but it certainly is nice when plowing in -40 and colder. Keeps frost off windshield and feet nice and toasty. Looks like the main unit is installed in Center of front storage. Control is next to winch button and reverse override. With soft cab it keeps it plenty warm. Never noticed any extra engine heat during winter but it’s unbearable in summer temps. I also have a block heater and trickle charger installed to keep it running in winter months. Bike won’t start without it after a -40 night outside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.