Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So new to the site, so far looks pretty good :)

Now I am in the middle of shopping for a SXS. I was originally going to get a 700 but while searching for info on the 700 came across some vid's/info about the 1000.
So for the few dollars more, is the 1000 worth it ?

That 1000 V-twin, is it reliable? Any issues with it ? Recalls??

I have been looking around and I just cant seem to find anything about the 1000 prowler. Are they really that rare??

So thanks in advance to all who posts and helps me and others out!!! :beer:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The first 1000's did have some head gasket and axle problems but I think Arctic Cat has worked them out. I have the first year 1000 and have had those problems, But Cat has stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem for me. Now I wouldn't change anything. I love my 1000 and all of the power it has.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first 1000's did have some head gasket and axle problems but I think Arctic Cat has worked them out. I have the first year 1000 and have had those problems, But Cat has stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem for me. Now I wouldn't change anything. I love my 1000 and all of the power it has.
What year is your machine ?? From what I have read so far that was an 07/08 issue ( head gasket) but I haven't read another about the 09/10 's yet... So I think you are right AC stepped up and fixxed it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is a 2009. Cat came out with a new and improved head gasket at the end of the summer. But they were not telling anybody they had a problem, unless your head gasket blows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts