Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

Just bought a Prowler XTZ, steering wheel too low?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dpdavidson02 
#1 ·
HI I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2012 prowler XTZ 1000 and I like everything about it, except for the fact that the steering wheel is super low. Almost to the point of being uncomfortable. I have seen people lowering the seats in these, but has anyone ever just raised the steering wheel with some sort of mod? Also, could someone who has an XTZ measure the distance between the bottom of the steering wheel and the seat and post it up. Thanks in advance!

Also if I do some sort of steering wheel mod I'll do a write-up on it for the forum.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, great place for info! Are the seats in your Prowler stock? If so you could replace the stamped steel mounting assembly with a flat plate (you will only lower them about 3/4") , the steering wheel shaft bracket could possibly be raised for clearance, and a "D" shaped wheel may help. The XTZ is a great machine!

#4 ·
That sounds like it has been lowered. I have a tilt wheel on mine so I can't give you a measurement. I have aftermarket seats, plus the flat plate mine. I bought a 3/8" plate of aluminum off ebay and used that to bolt my seats to. I know several others that have done much the same thing too. Several ideas come to mind: Change the angle, Raise the shaft in the bracket, shorten the steering shaft (not sure how it is machined on the lower end)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.