Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone made any mods to get a lower seat height in the 1000. we stopped at the dealer with the intentions of taking one home, but after sitting in the seats we thought we would hold off a bit, we did some measuring and they were about 5 inches higher than other utvs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That seems odd because I feel lower in my seats then I felt in my friends Teryx. I have never measured but the 1000 seats feel lower to me. There will be plenty of options out there for lower seats in the near future. Do a search on the forums and you will see that there are many people working on it. Good luck on your purchase.

·
Vendor
276 Posts
the oem seat base is already flat, the only way to acheive a lower seat hieght will be to do seat drop. which usually will require you to use a fuel cell. johnnys looking into dropping the seats in his xtz much like we did in the rhino and the rzr so i know he will post pictures and tell you how much of a pita it is.

·
Vendor
483 Posts
hahaha ill post up pictures next week but my seats a 4" lower then stock wooohoooo oh ya and my cage is going to be alot lower

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnny, is this a piece that you sell so some one out of state can do the drop themselves, or does it need to be done at your shop. Thanks

·
Vendor
483 Posts
no we wanted to do that and make it a exchange kit but to many things need to be changed so it will only offer it here sorry

·
Registered
5 Posts
As you know it is not height that is the issue, it is inseam. I am 5ft 3inches. I have the low seat and standard suspension. I flat foot the bike easily because I have long legs. I recommend the low low seat because from what I've seen of it, it has a bit more of an angle so you might sit down in front on a bit more.

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
i did a full 4'' seat frame drop on my XTZ not long after i got it . it wasnt hard at all . infact one of the easiest mods ive done to it labor wise . if your not afraid to cut and weld a few nights in the garage you can do it . i still use stock battery location . but had to change to a oddessy battery smaller body , more power . no wiring has to be cut just moved a little . its very straight forward . some of the other Prowler sites have good info and pics. or just take it to Johnny and his boy at UTVinc will hook ya up .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts