Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2015 into dealer for general maintenance and specified a few things to look at. It was getting hard to start, shifter sloppy, check brakes and a tune up/oil change.

Verdict? Cylinders leaking down, bad valve in one head, two bad u joints, complete brake job, getting new belt. The wife and I decided to put a new engine in it plus other items.

Cost? $7,600.

Apparently, I didn't change air filter enough. Said there's dust in air box. After the dealer fixes everything, I'm taking bad engine to friends auto machine shop and rebuild it with a bit of massaging. 🙂

·
Registered
710 Posts
Prowler motors are fairly easy to rebuild. I built a 750 motor for mine, Web cam, ported head, Speedwerx valve springs, and so on. Woke mine up fairly well! I was beating on it for sustained hi RPM, and the piston broke! Bent the rod, broke the cylinder, and crankcase! Bent valves in the head, so thinking I dropped a valve or floated them!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.