Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

Michigan Street Legal

2029 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  dpdavidson02
Recently made my 700XTX Prowler Street legal! I live in Michigan, and worked through the Secretary of States office on the paper trail! First Step is meeting the requirements of TR-54 (05-10) this is the On-Road vehicle equipment inspection. Next step is to have the vehicle inspected ( I used the local sheriff's dept.)and if approved submit the form, old title, or bill of sale to the Secretary of States office. They will issue a new VIN number once the paperwork is approved (this took 10-12 weeks!), once the Secretary of state has issued a new VIN number, all of the approved paperwork is then sent to the inspecting agency (My case the State Police), they will then schedule a second inspection. I'm still waiting on my second inspection, but they did offer a 60 day License Certificate/Plate. I was able to get road insurance through GEICO at a fair rate. We use our Prowler as a second car in the summer, we go everywhere with it! Main reason for street legal is the large National Forest in our area, there rules read : 50" wide, or Street Licensed vehicles only permitted. We intend to test the waters! My biggest expense was street legal DOT tires!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Did you make it to the UP??

I'm back from NY and need advice on what to put on the inside of the engine cover to cut down on the noise please
Did you make it to the UP??

I'm back from NY and need advice on what to put on the inside of the engine cover to cut down on the noise please
I used dyna mat on mine, it is available through Summit Racing, or JEGS. it is for sound and heat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.