Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently made my 700XTX Prowler Street legal! I live in Michigan, and worked through the Secretary of States office on the paper trail! First Step is meeting the requirements of TR-54 (05-10) this is the On-Road vehicle equipment inspection. Next step is to have the vehicle inspected ( I used the local sheriff's dept.)and if approved submit the form, old title, or bill of sale to the Secretary of States office. They will issue a new VIN number once the paperwork is approved (this took 10-12 weeks!), once the Secretary of state has issued a new VIN number, all of the approved paperwork is then sent to the inspecting agency (My case the State Police), they will then schedule a second inspection. I'm still waiting on my second inspection, but they did offer a 60 day License Certificate/Plate. I was able to get road insurance through GEICO at a fair rate. We use our Prowler as a second car in the summer, we go everywhere with it! Main reason for street legal is the large National Forest in our area, there rules read : 50" wide, or Street Licensed vehicles only permitted. We intend to test the waters! My biggest expense was street legal DOT tires!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.