Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man I let the kids ride it now the trans is screwed up,works in reverse but not in drive, only got 590 miles on it's 06,07got it from a friend, need help live in maryland good shop to go too or someone need side work just want to get it fix right with out paying arm and leg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have heard of the shifter going out of adjustment. you could take the linkage off the shaft going into the trans and try turning it with a set of pliers. maybe its not going all the way into gear??? i have a buddy with a rhino that has had that problem as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is commmon for the shift linkage to come loose/out of adjustment. it is not hard to readjust it, only about a 5-10min. job.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shifter

I had a shifting problem, hard to get into gear. Shifter would not line up in the proper position indicated on the console. Used the maint. cd to align. did not help. My son came for visit and quickly said dad the sifter frame is bent down. He pulled the frame up about and inch and it shifts perfect. Some times all the problems raising a son are worth it.
The prowler had this problem when I purchased it used. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.